Breastfeeding Nipple Shield - Orthodontic Teat - Round Base
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
The Haakaa Breastfeeding Nipple Shield is a world-first design made of 100% soft silicone, with an extended teat that puts space between your nipple and your baby’s mouth.
If your little one bites down, pulls away, or if you have inverted or cracked nipples, you will still be able to breastfeed with ease and comfort. Our nipple shields suction onto your breast, giving you a hands-free breastfeeding experience.
The Haakaa Breastfeeding Nipple Shield - Orthodontic Teat - Round Base allows mums to experience the beauty of breastfeeding without the worry of discomfort and pain! The round base is larger and suctions on more easily, making it more suited for those who are new to using nipple shields.
The orthodontic teat is thumb-shaped to replicate the shape of a mother's nipple during breastfeeding, making it more readily accepted by your baby.
- Patented one-piece design with no joints, cracks or edges.
- Nipple design allows babies to mimic a natural sucking rhythm, making it easier for babies that have difficulty latching.
- Suctions on to all breast shapes, making it easier for new mums to use and enjoy a hands-free breastfeeding experience.
- The anti-slip ridged outer edge make the nipple shield easier to hold while the baby is feeding.
- Anti-colic and variable flow nipple allows baby to drink continuously without gasping for air or drinking bubbles and prevents them from choking if milk flows too fast.
- Space between mum’s nipple and the nipple shield head prevents baby from biting the nipple.
- BPA, PVC and phthalate-free.
Includes one shield and a protective case for storage.
NOTE: This product is designed for mothers who are physically unable to breastfeed due to sore, cracked nipples, and should only be used in the interim before returning to natural breastfeeding once your nipple has healed. If you are able to breastfeed successfully and experience slight discomfort, we suggest using our traditional nipple shield as a protective alternative if your nipples become raw and sore. If you have flat or inverted nipples, have a look at our Silicone Inverted Nipple Aspirator.
1. Squeeze the chamber and fold back the base of the shield.
2. Centre the opening of the shield over your nipple, press to your breast and fold the base to its original position.
3. Release your grip on the chamber - you should feel light suction.
4. You may not get the shield perfectly in place first try, so readjust until it is comfortable.
5. Introduce your baby to the shield to start feeding. Your breast milk will continue to flow into the extended teat, allowing your baby to feed.
Tip: Try expressing a few drops of breast milk into the shield before attaching to promote an easier latch.
Clean after each use using hot soapy water. Use soft bristle brushes or sponges. We recommend the Haakaa Double Ended Cleaning Brush which is perfectly sized to throughly clean your Haakaa products.
Although dishwasher safe, we recommend sterilising your Haakaa products using any steam sterilising system or by boiling in water for 2-3 minutes.
Do not use any bleach-based cleaners or tablets to sterilise or clean your Haakaa products. Do not use UV sterilisers to clean this product as it may impact its lifespan.
Check product condition regularly. Replace if this product shows any signs of damage. Avoid storing near sharp objects. Only soft bristle brushes or soft sponges should be used to clean this product, as hard scourers may scratch the surface. This product is not a toy. Do not use this product for anything other than its intended purpose. Store product in a cool dry place and avoid direct sunlight. Adult supervision is required. Keep out of the reach of children and pets when not in use.
Orders are despatched Monday to Saturday. All orders placed over the weekend or over a public holiday will be despatched on the next business working day.
All shipping rates do not include any local duties or taxes that may apply at the destination.
Dubai orders received before 11am will be despatched same day. All orders received after 11am will be despatched next day.
FREE delivery - for orders over AED99
AED20 delivery - for orders under AED99
All orders received before 11am will be processed for next day delivery. Please allow 2 days for delivery if your order is placed after 11am, or on the weekend.
FREE shipping - for all orders over AED500
AED40 shipping - for orders over AED199
AED60 shipping - for orders under AED199
All delivery fees will be calculated at checkout. We use SMSA and Shipa delivery services across the GCC for timely + professional shipping. Delivery is between 3-5 working days.
Shipping rates do not include any local duties or taxes that may apply at the destination.
Outside the GCC
We would be happy to offer shipping to worldwide locations, please contact us as firstname.lastname@example.org for a quotation and estimated delivery times.